Hoki fillets & hand cut chips (serves 4)
1x 480g pack of Sealord Hoki potato crumb fillets
2 egg yolks
1/2 tsp dijon mustard
1 garlic clove
1 pinch sugar
1 cup canola oil
1 tbsp chopped gherkins
2 tbsp squeezed lemon
1/4 cup parsley or dill frond
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups washed waxy potatoes
Canola oil for frying
1/4 cup flaky sea salt
zest of one lemon
1. Pre-cook your waxy potatoes in a pot of salted water, cook until al-dente or just firm to the bite then refresh in cold water and leave to cool.
2. Preheat your fan forced oven to 190˚C. Place the Sealord fillets on a baking tray and cook for approximately 14 minutes on each side, or until fully cooked.
3. To make your Tartare sauce, firstly place your egg yolks, dijon mustard, garlic in the bottom of a food processor, blend until emulsified then slowly add in your oil drop by drop until you get a thick and creamy consistency. Season and add the remaining Tatare sauce ingredients. Taste and add more lemon or seasoning if required.
4. Place your cooled potatoes in a pan with enough oil to cover half way up the potatoes. Cook until brown and crunchy. To make your lemon salt place your zest and salt in a morter and pestle and grind until mixed, season your chips with the lemon salt.
5. To serve place your fish and chips in a cone of newspaper or on a plate, dollop with a generous tablespoon of tartar and sprinkle with lemon salt and pepper.